Wednesday 6 February 2013

Tufnell Park Tavern - N7

If you follow me on instagram you might of seen that I went out for lunch yesterday. My Mum, Aunt, Grandpa and I usually go out for lunch once a month when my Grandpa comes into town. 

I first discovered the Tufnell Park Tavern when we went there for our staff Christmas lunch last year  and have been dying to go back. It's changed hands a few times in the last couple of years and the new management have turned it into one of those perfect little gastropubs that has great service, a great atmosphere and a great selection of food.



I had the Duck Confit Salad with Pear and Mint and the Garlic and Rosemary Flatbread. The duck was cooked perfectly and the salad was nice and fresh but the pears could have done with being poached or grilled as they were a little hard. My Grandpa had a Grilled Mackerel Salad and the others had a selection of Cicchetti - perfect lunch food!

I would definitely recommend this place, there is also an adjoining coffee shop which serves a selection of cooked breakfasts and pastries which I want to try out some day. 

Website and info here. 

1 comment: