Thursday 7 March 2013

Yalla Yalla - W1W

Last night I caught up with some uni friends and we headed off to Yalla Yalla on Winsley Street (just off Oxford St). Now, a small Lebanese restaurant in an alley near Soho might not have you jumping for joy but Yalla Yalla certainly delivered, and by the time we left at half 8 the queue was out the door. 

We were tucked round the corner so I couldn't get any good photos of the interior but the rustic tables and yellow printed wallpaper made it inviting and cosy. 




After a lot of debate and a few glasses of wine we decided to get some Mezze to share. We ordered four dishes and they came with complementary pitta bread and pickles - plenty for three people. 


Warm Pitta Bread with Baba Ghannouj

 Chicken Rakakat

Falafel with a Garlic Yoghurt Sauce 

Makale Samak 



I'd read incredible reviews about this place and it definitely didn't disappoint. The food was gorgeous, prices reasonable and the staff friendly and helpful. I can't fault it at all.

Website and info here. x

4 comments:

  1. oh it all looks so delish! this is making me hungry now, ehhe. I love trying out new restraunts, I really want to go to a sushi one, just for the heck of it. I'm a new follower of your blog, and you can check out and follow mine if you wish at www.rollerbladesandvintage.blogspot.com

    Tata, leah at Amour, la fille. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if you're a sushi virgin Yo Sushi is definitely the place to go! xx

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness that food look amazing. I'm such a foodie too :) Perhaps we could follow each other? Following you now, hope to see you back!

    xo Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that filafel looks GOOD! now im hungry!! So happy to have stumbled across your blog. It is delightful...and because of its delighful-ness I am your newest follower! hope you will stop by mine sometime & follow!

    xo, Kelsey Belle

    www.happiereading.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete