Saturday 6 April 2013

Homemade Falafel & Feta Dip

Who else is watching the Grand National? I'm typing this whilst watching the build up (all hail Clare Balding) and can hardly contain my excitement. Will and I have £45 worth of bets on so fingers crossed we'll get something back! 

I'm desperately trying to believe its Spring and its really sunny today so what better excuse to don my mint coloured Topshop jeans and try out some new summer recipes. This is definitely a new favourite. I don't think I've ever even tried a falafel before let alone made them but it was so quick and easy, and perfect for lunches. 




 What you'll need:

  • 400ml vegetable oil
  • 200g chickpeas (which once rinsed and drained is about a 400g can)
  • 100g breadcrumbs
  • 2 tbsp thai curry paste
  • 2 tsp coriander paste / 3 tbsp fresh coriander
  • 2 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
(makes 10)

Pour the oil into a deep, heavy-bottomed pan like this one and start to heat on a medium temperature. Blitz together the rest of the ingredients in a blender until they form a thick paste and then roll them into balls like these:



Check that your oil is hot enough buy dropping in a breadcrumb - it should sizzle. Fry the balls for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through or until they are crispy and golden. Place on kitchen towel to drain away the excess oil and whip up some of The Londoner's Karli Spera Feta Dip, pop some pittas in the toaster and shred some lettuce. 




 Hope you like them! x

3 comments:

  1. Oooh these look good! I once tried to make falafel and failed MISERABLY but these look lovely- would be perfect for lunch at work next week!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've packed some for my lunch tomorrow :) these were so easy to make, the key is just getting the oil the right temperature x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog lovely!
    These look so good, I love falafels!
    Following you now (:x

    ReplyDelete