Wednesday 1 May 2013

Country Cottage: The Basics

I haven't done an interiors post for ages, odd as that really was one of the main reasons I started this blog. I am obsessed with interior design but I don't have my own house yet so have to be content with endless magazines and Pinterest

Being a country girl I have naturally always been drawn to the country-cottage look, mixing shabby chic and vintage French design. The classic country cottage should be light but warm, breezy yet cosy. Layering is the key here: paint your walls an off white colour and then accessorise with quirky soft furnishings and stacks of blankets. 







By creating a neutral base it is so easy to instantly reinvent the look of your home just by changing your accessories and its such a great way to stay on trend. I love the raw look that's coming in this season, rough-sewn finishes (perfect for an amateur sewer like me!), exposed brick or concrete contrasted with soft tones of linen, wool and wicker. Now don't get me wrong, I do have a particular soft spot for Cath Kidston but it can be so easy to over do it so make sure you mix your prints with plenty of muted colours and fresh flowers always go down a treat. 








x

All images courtesy of Pinterest / Not On The High Street..

3 comments:

  1. I love posts like these! Love the 4th picture up from the bottom and what it says on the chalkboard, so cute
    Saadiya x

    www.thatgirlsaadiya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes I would much rather go to the country than to the beach. I need to get away to the mountains for a weekend.

    xx Domenic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cottage country style! I find it so chic and welcoming! My boyfriend is more of a contemporary minimal, but I'll slowly convert him. Maybe this post will help, lovely images!

    Teffy || Teffys Perks Blog

    Xx

    ReplyDelete